Personnel Commissioners: Susan Sher ~ Kathy James ~ Martha Giacomini
Personnel Commission Staff: Marty Aarreberg, Director & Lori Klee, Personnel Specialist
The Personnel Commission is a non-partisan public body responsible for administering a merit system for the selection, retention, and promotion of classified employees.
The merit system ensures that the public school employer hires and promotes qualified classified employees through consistent and lawful testing and hiring practices. The Ukiah Unified School District incorporated the merit system of personnel management for classified employees effective July 1, 1967.
This is the Commission's 52nd year of service to the classified employees and to the District.
2019 Goals & Objectives
- Provide the best quality candidates for employment;
- Ensure classified employees receive fair and equitable treatment by selecting, retaining and promoting employees based on merit and fitness;
- Apply the most current recruitment methods in a timely and efficient manner;
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with the District's governing board, administration, employees, bargaining units and the public;
- Maintain compliance and update personnel procedures in accordance with the principles and legal requirements of the Merit System;
- Ensure the effectiveness of the classified service by updating job descriptions and maintaining a competitive pay structure; and
- Provide promotional and professional development opportunities to foster individual growth and achievement of classified employees.