Ukiah Unified School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
The Power of Partnership, Innovation and Learning

Interdistrict Transfers

New Students Who Reside Outside of UUSD

California law requires school districts to provide an education to any student who resides within the district’s attendance area. Although students have the right under California law to free, public education, the law does not guarantee that a student can attend the school of his or her choice. Students who reside outside of the district and wish to enroll in a UUSD school must submit the following items to the school site for review:


  • interdistrict transfer request and/or interdistrict transfer agreement that was submitted to their district of residence
  • most recent grade report
  • current attendance report
  • current discipline report


UUSD Board Policy

MCOE 2022-28 Interdistrict Attendance Agreement

All students should have a 95% attendance rate for the most recent grading period to be considered for enrollment in Ukiah Unified. Secondary students should also have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.  Students must show good citizenship and behavior with no major disciplinary infractions. If there is room to enroll the student, and they meet all of the requirements, the student will be considered for enrollment.

TK and Kindergarten students who have not been enrolled in a previous school only need to submit a copy of the interdistrict transfer requests. Attendance, behavior, and academic progress will be monitored after enrollment by the site principal to determine if the interdistrict agreement should continue from year to year.  To remain on an interdistrict transfer the student must maintain these specified criteria:


  • Maintain a minimum attendance rate of 95% for each grading period.
  • Attend school on time and have no truancies or unexcused absences
  • Maintain appropriate school behavior
  • Secondary students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for each grading period


Students Residing in UUSD but wishing to transfer to a different district.

If a student resides in UUSD boundaries but wishes to transfer to a district outside the boundaries, the parents should complete an interdistrict transfer request and submit it to Ukiah Unified School District Service Center. Download forms here then drop off all completed forms at the Ukiah Unified School District Office located at 511 S. Orchard Avenue in Ukiah, CA.


Interdistrict Transfer Application

Solicitud de transferencia interdistrital


Questions regarding interdistrict transfers can be directed to the Ukiah Unified School District Human Resources Department at 707.472.5030.