Ukiah Unified School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
The Power of Partnership, Innovation and Learning
Parent Resources » Grade Change Application School Year 2020–2021

Grade Change Application School Year 2020–2021

July 31, 2021

Dear Ukiah Unified High School Parents/Guardians and Students:

para español, haga clic aquí


This summer the state legislature passed Assembly Bill (AB) 104 which allows parents/guardians of high school students to change any letter grade from the 2020-2021 school year to a Pass or No Pass grade, as long as it does not negatively affect a student’s Grade Point Average (GPA).  It is important to carefully consider this option as it may negatively impact admission to certain colleges and universities.  With that in mind, if you are considering a grade change, please carefully review the list below of colleges/universities that will accept the Pass/No Pass grades.

Please use the “Grade Change Application Form” below to request a grade change. The form is available electronically or a paper copy may be obtained at your student’s school office. 

Grade Change Application Form (click the link for fillable form)

Important: The form must be submitted to your student’s school office no later than Friday, August 13, 2021.  We are not allowed to accept late applications as per AB 104. 

The grade change will be made within 15 calendar days of the submission of the form.   If you have any questions, please contact your student’s school.


Grade Change Form



For the 2020–21 through 2023–24 school year, the following postsecondary institutions will accept, for admission purposes, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for an applicant pursuant to Education Code Section 49066.5(b). 

Official Postsecondary Institutions: